The Secretariat of the Danish Council for Independent Research
Phone: (+45) 7231 8200
DFF-MOBILEX mobility grants - until 2016
For DFF–MOBILEX mobility grants awarded in 2015, the projects must commence on 1 January, 2016.
The Danish Council for Independent Research has discontinued its cooperation with the Marie Curie Program under the 7th Framework Programme for Research of the EU. As a consequence, the DFF-MOBILEX Mobility Grant will not be offered for a period.
DFF-Mobilex mobility grants - until 2016
In order to facilitate more career paths in Danish research and increase the mobility in Danish research environments, DFF funds mobility grants to enable researchers who are in the beginning of their research careers to carry out research projects based on their own scientific interests, at research institutions in Denmark as well as abroad.
Most important applicant requirements
- At the expiry of the application deadline, the applicant must have obtained a PhD degree or acquired equivalent qualifications through a minimum of 4 years’ experience as a researcher.
- Applicants are expected to be at the beginning of their research careers.
- Mobility requirement: The applicant must not, within the last 3 years before the application deadline, have stayed (i.e. studied or worked) for more than a total of 12 months in the country where the project will be carried out.
- A written statement from the host institution must be included. The statement must confirm that the activities can take place at the host institution and include a brief discussion of the extent of the cooperation and the main activities planned.
- It is important that applicants are aware of the fact that if they are awarded a grant, they must be physically present at the host institution. The host institution is thereby the principal place of work.
A DFF–MOBILEX mobility grant may cover the following expenses in relation to the project:
- Salary expenses for the applicant
- Operating expenses, including living and transportation expenses as well as expenses for equipment
- Overhead for the employing institution
You cannot apply for overhead for foreign institutions under this instrument. Any funding of bench fees and similar administrative expenses in connection with projects that are carried out at foreign institutions may be applied for as operating expenses.
As a basis for the application, the applicant must be affiliated to a Danish university, which will serve as the applicant’s place of employment in connection with the grant.
The following combinations may form the basis for applying for a MOBILEX mobility grant:
- A researcher employed at a Danish research institution may apply for support for a project to be carried out at a research institution outside of Denmark. If a grant is awarded, the applicant may be stationed abroad in accordance with the provisions in the Danish Government circular on the official journey agreement, Cirkulære om Tjenesterejseaftalen
- A researcher employed at a research institution outside of Denmark may apply for support for a project to be carried out at a Danish research institution. If a grant is awarded, the applicant will be employed at the Danish institution for the project period, having obtained leave or entered a similar arrangement with the foreign institution. DFF will not grant funding to cover workload reductions in relation to assignments from which the researcher wishes to be exempt at his/her foreign institution.
- Researchers in Denmark with no permanent tenure may apply for funding for a project at a research institution outside of Denmark, and be employed at a Danish research institution if a grant is awarded.
- Foreign researchers with no permanent tenure may apply for funding for a project at a Danish institution, and be employed at that institution in the case of a grant.