Documentation requirements

This page explains which documents to enclose with an application for foreign qualifications assessment. Detailed instructions are available in the application form.

Documents you must submit

When you send in an application you must enclose copies of the following documents. For some countries, however, we ask for the original education documents (see the section on "Original documents" below).

  1. The diploma(s)/certificate(s) that you want to have assessed

    If you have more than one higher education qualification (e.g. a bachelor’s degree and a master’s degree), please enclose all of the documents.

    Only enclose primary and lower secondary certificates in case the qualification you want to have assessed is a primary, lower secondary, vocational or general upper secondary qualification.

  2. Transcript(s). If you are unable to provide the transcript, please list in your own words the subjects studied and passed.

  3. Translation(s) of the diploma(s)/certificate(s) mentioned if they are not in Norwegian, Swedish, English, German, French, or Spanish.

  4. Translation of transcript(s) if they are not in in Norwegian, Swedish, English, German, French, or Spanish.

  5. If you have a Diploma Supplement, please enclose it.

  6. Entrance qualification:

    • Primary/lower secondary qualification if you want assessment of a vocational or general upper secondary qualification.
    • Upper secondary qualification (e.g. high school certificate) if you want assessment of a higher education qualification.

  7. If the name on any of the documents is different from the name you are currently using: Name change documentation, e.g. marriage certificate.

  8. If your qualifications have been assessed before: Former assessment(s) or recognition decision(s).

The Danish Agency for Science and Higher Education may ask you for further documentation of your qualifications, including original documents.

By signing the application you certify that the information given in the application is correct and that the enclosures are authentic documents relating to you. The Danish Agency for Science and Higher Education conducts routine verification of foreign documents. Cases of fraud (including the use of documents belonging to another person) will be reported to the police..

Original documents

The Danish Agency for Science and Higher Education reserves the right to demand the submission of original documents.

Degree certificates issued in Pakistan need to be stamped by the Higher Education Commission (HEC). We only accept HEC stamps issued from February 2009 and onwards.

If you have qualifications from one of the following countries, you are encouraged to enclose the original documents with your application (instead of copies):

  • Afghanistan
  • Benin
  • Burundi
  • Cameroon
  • Central African Republic
  • China: Instead of original educational documents you can submit a copy of a verification report issued by the China Academic Degree and Graduate Education Development Center for your degrees and copies of your educational documents.
  • Congo-Brazzaville
  • DR Congo
  • Côte d'Ivoire
  • Eritrea
  • Ethiopia
  • India
  • Nigeria
  • Russia
  • Rwanda
  • Senegal
  • Somalia
  • Sudan
  • Syria: Instead of original documents you can submit original legalised copies, i.e. copies with original certifications by the Syrian Ministry of Foreign Affairs & Expatriates and the Ministry responsible for the programme in question.

In case you send in original documents you must send them by registered letter post. We always return original documents by registered post.

Power of attorney

If you want another person to act on your behalf in connection with your application, you must give that person power of attorney to do so. The power of attorney must be dated and signed, containing the name, address, postal code and town, e-mail address, phone number, civil registry number (if none: date of birth) of the person you have authorised to act on your behalf.

Translation requirements

Documents in Norwegian, Swedish, English, German, French, and Spanish require no translation.

If you are going to have documents translated, please check to see which translations are accepted:

If documentation cannot be provided

If you are unable to provide the diploma or similar documentation of your foreign qualification, you may instead apply for a background report:


last modified Jan 15, 2020